Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Side Project Stuff


I'm doing something different. The idea is to have a tool for quick and easy dungeon creation. Im entertaining the idea of having a free tech demo with frequent updates.

It's not working properly, it's easy to break, but still interesting.





I was doing a similar thing a few years ago..

The inspiration for both of these things is obviously Dungeon Keeper and Minecraft. And Diablo to some extent.

Eventually I would like to implement this mechanic into a game. This sort of easy environment creation opens many possibilites and I am quite unsure what kind of gameplay mechanics would be best suited for this. I am a big fan of a very small Ludum Dare game "My little dungeon". I very much enjoyed what was going on there (Reverse RPG where you do not control the character but rather creation of mobs/traps), but I don't know If I would like to go that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment